It rain lightly all night and continued through the morning. Not wanting to cook, I walked the 0.75 mile to the Market/Restaurant down the road and had breakfast. Yogi and her husband, Don were there and I shared a booth.
Yogi is a minor hiker celebrity, author and owns her own business Yogi’s Books. She is a Double Triple Crown hiker (Triple Crown twice) and her book on the PCT is the Bible.
I had a great time talking to them both; The stories were endless and funny. A wonderful way to wile away a grey morning.
Registration for the 2nd session was at noon and the Schedule of Events began.
- Poop Talk: Yes, Bears AND Hikers poop in the woods.
- Mindfulness: Hiker Meditation
- Bears, Food and Fires: How to keep your food safe.
- Free Burrito dinner
- Winter PCT Thru Hike: Pepper talked about the first ever Winter PCT Thru Hike he and Trauma completed this March.
- Short Videos and a PCT movie
More Events Scheduled for Saturday. Here’s my thought for the day.
One thought on “Lake Morena Day-2”
Enjoying your blog. This sounds like a very worthwhile event you are attending. I’m sure you are going to have plenty of stories of your own!